Off The "Black List"

Sunday, May 18, 2008


Yesterday I surprised Justin by stating that I wanted a hamburger, chips, and shake for dinner. For those of you who don't know, hamburgers have been the trigger food to many unpleasant events or feelings since the beginning of my pregnancy. Even hearing the word caused issues. Lately I have noticed that the food hasn't sounded repulsive, however I haven't been daring enough to test the issue. :) However, yesterday proved to be the day to take hamburgers off the black list. They were delicious!! :) 


Another awesome thing that happened yesterday was that we acquired a glider and ottoman for FREE. :) I was on a run when I noticed a nice enough, upholstered glider on the curb outside someone's house. I briefly looked it over and determined that it was in good enough condition to investigate after my run. When I got home, Justin and I hopped in the car to get a closer look, talk with the owners, and possibly come home with a piece of furniture. And we did! I vacuumed, carpet/upholster cleaned, and machine washed the cushions to ensure the cleanliness and "wah-lah": a free, "good-enough", not ugly glider and ottoman for our nursery. Sweet! :)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hooray for 2 postive things yesterday! :)

This may sound stupid to every other reader, even you, Sarah, but if you feel like humoring me, I'd love to see a picture of the ottoman and glider - I'm super excited about ANYTHING having to do with your new nursery, and of course the new baby! :)

kelsey said...

that is way sweet! i'm jealous! and i'm also excited you can eat hamburgers again! i want to be able to eat plain old sandwiches again...the thought just grosses me out, which, consequently, makes eating lunch VERY difficult and annoying!

sarawhat said...

I heard about your awesome find from Kelsey...that's awesome! I'm so glad burgers are back in your life, I don't know what I'd do without them.