A Sound Only A Mother and Teacher Can Love!

Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Last night I attended the Bay Haven Elementary/Middle School Christmas band concert. Our small group leaders from church, Larry and Barbara Christie, are both musicians, have a son who is in beginning band, and know that I am a MS band teacher - so they invited me to come. I was very excited to accept this invitation! :)

The concert was exactly what you would expect - a lot of kids playing easy Christmas carols for their first band concert of the season (or first concert ever in the case of the beginners). I LOVED it! The kids were just adorable and the bands were alright too. I love watching kids at concerts - especially the younger kids, because they are so proud to be performing. They are all dressed up and have a nervous energy, but there is no denying how cute it is! It really made me excited to go back to teaching next year. :) Yay!

I also really enjoyed spending time with Larry and Barbara. They are such neat people and it was neat to "get them to myself" last night without our entire small group there (around 20-24 people). It is wonderful having an older couple here to mentor to Justin and I. They are prior military, have been through a lot, have kids who are Justin and my age (and then Michael who is 11), and are great, godly people. I feel blessed to have them in our lives!

0 comments: