A New Favorite

Tuesday, April 20, 2010


Ellie loves to eat cereal with milk in the morning. I think rice crispies are pretty much her new favorite thing. She will usually eat 2-3 bowls (albeit small bowls) of cereal in the morning.

It's the little things in life that make you happy. :)

Some other great things that have happened this week:
- Ellie is learning new words all of the time! Her newest include: bubbles, apple, apple sauce, cookie (actually sounds like cookie now), and car. She has also finally started saying "mama" consistently. YAY!!! :)

- She can point out objects if you ask her where things are - in a book or in a room, without you pointing them out to her first. Even objects that I thought were unfamiliar to her. It's amazing to see what a little sponge she is.

- Her double ear infections and sinus infections are gone. Yay!

Some not so great things:
- Ellie isn't sleeping great. She has been waking up in the middle of the night and then waking up for the morning at 6am (if not a little earlier). Pair this with not napping great and needless to say, I'm pretty darn exhausted right now. I talked with a friend this morning who said that her kids, as well as other kids she knows, went through the same type of thing. May have something to do with a growth spurt? The other kids got up for the morning at 3:30am. Yikes!! I guess I'll be thankful for 5:50am.

- Ellie is testing, testing, testing everything. I just had to take a box of crayons away since she was putting them in her mouth after I told her "no, not in your mouth." And a minute ago I had to remove her baby stroller that she was trying to sit in - while looking at me with a sparkle in her eye...after I had already told her no. And this was all in the last 30 minutes. Fun times.

Besides being tired at the moment, we are loving this stage. And I'll just keep looking at the picture above when I get frustrated with her. :)


2 comments:

Patti said...

Emersyn has randomly woken up a couple times in the middle of the night in the last two weeks and can I just tell you the pit that I get in my stomach when I hear her in the monitor?!? Ugh. Poor them. Poor us.
I am glad to hear I am not the only one with a naughty toddler on my hands. Emersyn is into hitting too, really strange.
Let's get these two naughty girls together in May for sure, okay? :)

Kate said...

So cute! Claire was a fan of "chee chos" (cheerios) at this stage. And was facinated by the extra milk at the bottom of the bowl. She learned to drink from the cereal bowl very quickly!