Guess who's a year and a half?
This crazy girl!
Ellie's 18 month appointment is next week, so I don't have any weight/height stats yet. However, she has almost completely moved onto 24 month/2T clothes. She has thinned out again (she always seems to do this before a weight check!) and her legs have definitely grown longer. I'm curious to see what the scale and tape measure say. Her shoe size is 6.
Ellie is officially allergic to Huggies diapers, which really stinks figuring I have hundreds of Huggies diapers in storage! Hopefully baby #2 (I'm not pregnant) will have no allergy. Otherwise, our church nursery will receive a large donation!
We are constantly amazed at how much Ellie knows and is catching onto. We can pretty much ask her to do something now, get something, or go somewhere and she understands. I read something that said kids this age are able to learn new words every 90 minutes. Amazing! We are becoming more diligent in explaining everything with as many descriptors as possible (ie: red cup, prickly pear, etc). We also are reading a lot, including new picture dictionaries and alphabet books. Ellie loves it!
Ellie's vocabulary definitely continues to expand, however she doesn't seem to talk a lot. I am not sure if it is because she uses sign language or maybe she just doesn't feel the need to fill the space with words all the time. I am not concerned about it at all (she does talk, just not all of the time). I am definitely recognizing similar personality traits of mine: when she is in a new or an overwhelming situation, she becomes more reserved until she becomes comfortable. It's amazing seeing similarities, even at this age.
Ellie's favorite things continue to be her babies (or any baby - alive or not), books, Little Einsteins, belly buttons (she LOVES them!!), shoes, singing and dancing (favorite songs are ones with hand symbols: "Itsy Bitsy Spider" and "If You're Happy and You Know It"), balls, slides and swings, and Bruno.
Ellie has a lot of friends who she enjoys playing with...or playing in the same area as. :) She doesn't quite "play" with others yet, but is doing better about sharing toys and is always intrigued in what other kids are doing - especially older kids! I love standing back and watching her interact with other kids. Watching the problem solving and interaction is just amazing!
Ellie is a definite pleaser. She will do anything if she knows it makes you happy. Right now I am using it to my advantage to teach her how to put away toys. :)

1 comments:
SUCH a fun age. I think I say that about every age though. :) We have been doing "chores" with Emersyn too. She is very particular too, it's hilarious. I ask her to put her dirty clothes in her laundry basket and she puts it in there and if anything is hanging over the edge, she has to make sure it is in there all nice and neat. Can't wait til she can pick up ALL her toys someday!!!
Post a Comment