Easter

Thursday, April 8, 2010






Despite a sick Ellie, we had a wonderful Easter weekend. Justin and I played at church all weekend and were so blessed. Participating in each service was amazing and we thoroughly enjoyed worshipping God in such a powerful service. However, this meant that we were gone a lot of the weekend. Friday night was a rehearsal from 6-9pm, Saturday was a rehearsal and service from 3-7pm, and then Sunday's services were from 8am-12:30pm. A looong weekend, but a good one.


Ellie has battled two different colds this past week. Pair that with horrible teething symptoms and you have our weekend. Lots of fevers, gunky noses, no sleep, crying, etc. She has been sporting the binky for a week now, however I am not going to take it away until the final insizor tooth has broken through. For what it's worth, I am SO glad I don't remember teething. What a painful thing!

Ellie looked super cute for Easter, but you can tell in the pictures that she was sick. She is now finally starting to feel better and smile again. It is great to get my happy Ellie back again!

By the way: the picture of the cake was the scrumptuous angel food cake I made to share with our parents. It was sooo good and I was proud of how it turned out. :) And the picture of my parents with their grandchildren is one that I think captures complete happiness. :) Enjoy!

3 comments:

Patti said...

Awww poor Ellie. Ems has had a rough go of it too this winter with colds and teething. She looks so sweet in her Easter dress! Emersyn is going to wear that same dress for my brother's wedding at the flower girl! I loved the hat too. Such a glamour girl!!

Brittany said...

I LOVE THE HAT!! And the cute little red-head underneath it.

Family of 5 said...

Bummer to have colds and teething! No fun! And I agree so glad we don't remember going through that!

She looks adorable in her Easter attire! :)