Shout for Joy!

Thursday, November 26, 2009



Shout for joy to the Lord, all the earth.

Worship the Lord with gladness;
come before him with joyful songs.
Know that the Lord is God.
It is he who made us, and we are his;
we are his people, the sheep of his pasture.

Enter his gates with thanksgiving
and his courts with praise;
give thanks to him and praise his name.

For the Lord is good and his love endures forever;
his faithfulness continues through all generations.
Psalm 100

It is amazing how much I have to be thankful for. I am so, so blessed. This year I praise God for a roof over my head, abundant food on my plate at every meal, warm clothes and the ability to heat my house every day, jobs for Justin that he loves (praise GOD!), my Masters being DONE, an incredible and supportive family, being born in this country where we can celebrate our freedom. So much to be thankful for!!

I am also so, so thankful for an amazing husband and daughter. My heart has been heavy lately for broken families. I am so thankful for a husband that loves and honors me. Words really can't explain how blessed I am. Also, our precious girl. God formed her in my womb and created her perfectly. He knew her spunky personality, her firey red hair, her sweet kisses, and infectious laugh. I am so thankful!

I am also thankful for family traditions. Something Justin and I began our second year of marriage is writing down what we are thankful for. This year I created a little book to keep those memories in. I was able to use Ellie's handprints as the turkey on the front, so that will be a fun memory to look back upon. I am excited to see how it fills throughout the years!

2 comments:

Patti said...

LOVE the sweater on Ellie!!! What a perfect little Thanksgiving monkey you have. :) Hope you had a great day friend!

Heather said...

That book is fabulous! What a great idea! Also, love the main pic on your blog now. Adorable! Plus, the scripture... Yay! :)