Guess what??
I just turned in a complete draft of my Master's Thesis!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
(You may think the number of exclamation points is a bit excessive, but trust me - it's not.)
I now have 2 weeks to edit it before I turn in the final product. I will be having several people edit it, including a writing service provided by Boston Univ. Truthfully, I want to be told that it is perfect (I'm not going to lie!), but I also know that I need fresh sets of eyes on that thing to point out the mistakes. The last thing I want is to lose precious points for grammer and such. Oh, that'd be horrible!!
I also am sending the paper to my facilitator today in order to get feedback. This will be the second time I have asked for feedback. The first time (it was mandatory), she hardly gave me any constructive criticism just told me general things that needed to improve (NOT helpful). I am nervous about her feedback for this second portion of the paper. I have a friend who completed the program this past summer and had the same facilitator. My friend was given similar feedback for the first submission of her project, but for the second submission - she was told that it was not acceptable. Our facilitator ended up failing her on the project. Fun times. Thankfully, there was another grader who liked the paper, so my friend did pass. However, it is reasons like this that I have been SO stressed out for the past 12 weeks.
Even though I know you don't care :), including the title page, bibliography, and appendices my paper is 38 pages long. My bibliography is 3 pages long and I have over 100 citations throughout the entire thing. I don't mind being proud of that! :) I referenced the heck out of that paper!
Now that I am on the 2 week coast to the finish (hopefully!!!), I plan on cleaning my house, sleeping, spending quality time with Justin and Ellie, cooking dinners, doing laundry, and taking care of everything else I have neglected. Oh, and I plan on doing it all with a smile on my face. You want to know why? Because I have almost completed my Masters program! :)

8 comments:
YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Way to go, Sarah! I'm so proud of you!!!
Sarah, You have every right to be proud. This is a terrific accomplishment and you have accomplished it in grand fashion. I am thrilled for you and proud of you! I love you, Dad
Hooray!!!!!!!! What an awesome feeling that must be! (And though I doubt you'll want it since you're using a BU writing service, but I'd be happy to give it a look too--as long as it's this next week cause after that all hell breaks loose in my life. But I have a week!)
So proud of you Sarah! This is a huge accomplishment and you should be so very proud of yourself. Love you, Jan & Bruce
Y O U R O C K, S A R A H !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
So amazing! Hope you get a GREAT review and all the hard work is over!
Congrats, Sarah. You are doing great!
Post a Comment