It was gross...

Monday, November 9, 2009

Warning: gross story ahead.


(I really should be working on my paper right now, but I have to tell you this story that happened last night.)

Ellie has been sick lately with a cold. It started off with a runny nose and now has proceeded to go into her chest. Thankfully there has been no fever and she has generally been in a good mood.

Yesterday, I went to the library to work on my paper. I was starting to get into a roll, when I got a call from Justin asking me to come home immediately. Ellie had just woken up from a nap and was much worse than she was earlier that day. I immediately packed up my things and headed home to find a sad, feverish Ellie and a poor Justin who didn't know how else to "fix" his baby girl. We gave her some tylonel, warm juice, and cuddled for a bit = all of which helped immensely. Soon she was toddling around playing with her dollies and toys while we finished fixing dinner.

Ellie's symptoms seemed to be doing great through dinner, that is why I was very confused when I lifted her out of her high chair and she felt hot. How could she have developed a fever again when her head felt fine? I cuddled her and continued to feel her how hot her body was, when I realized - this isn't a fever, this is poop. Sure enough, I had just cuddled a baby that had poop oozing out of the front of her diaper. It was now all over both of us and was DISGUSTING. With Justin's help, we took her upstairs, stripped her down without spreading the poop everywhere, and plopped her into the bath. Of course, I then had to bathe as well and get that nasty feeling off of me. Gross.

Lesson learned: check a baby's head for a fever, not her body. It may be poop.

9 comments:

Kate said...

LOL! Poor Ellie and Poor Mommy!!

kelsey said...

Oh this is just too funny! and sadly i've been there before. the glamour of being a mom! ;) hope she starts feeling better for all your sakes. good luck on the home stretch for your paper. i know you can do it!

katrien said...

Oh no! The joys of motherhood! Good luck with your paper Sarah! When you are done, we need to get together and celebrate!

Anonymous said...

Ah, motherhood (fatherhood), ain't it grand??? It will be one of those stories you can share with her when she's a teenager. Jan

Patti said...

Sick!!! Emersyn has her fair share of poop incident's as well, hee hee. Hope Ellie is feeling better for her big playdate on Saturday!! :)

Tana said...

All I can do is laugh!!!!

Family of 5 said...

LOL! Hilarious! Gotta love being a mom! That happened to me at the Outlets this weekend a little got on my shirt when Cami had a blow out...thankfully I had another shirt underneath...and then had to go a new pair of pants as well for her, becauses I thought she was done with blow outs being almost 2 ! Ha! Guess not!

joles family said...

You make me laugh! Lesson learned, thanks! Hahaha

Alex Bales said...

That made me laugh so hard when everyone was quiet.