So, I am sitting here on my couch and just realized that summer is officially over. There is no gradual entry into fall, just BAM - off to the races! Justin had inservice this week and is frantically working in between meetings, which means he is gone from about 7am-4:30pm. Then, I started school yesterday. This is my final class in pursuit of my Masters degree from Boston University. To say that I am excited about this would be a strong understatement. However, I am also anxious and nervous. The workload is intense, especially beginning in a couple of weeks when I really start writing the thesis. I glanced at the requirements yesterday and it looks like it will be a 40+ page paper, not including the appendices. Fun times.
Along with school gearing up, so is my private lesson studio. I just got an email saying I have 7 George Fox students. Wow! Add that to the 2-3 Newberg kids I have, it will be a full day. I am anxious to see how the heck I am going to line up 10 peoples' schedules, getting everything worked out with Ellie (she'll stay with my mother-in-law on Fox days - Thanks, Jan!!), and how it will work with my BU load. Whew... I can feel my back tense up just thinking about it.
Add a 1 year old birthday party, Gresham's musical (BIG time commitment for Justin), training for a couple 1/2 marathons, and life on top of all that and you have our fall. Hmm...
So... if I don't post much, you now know why. I will try and given my past - I probably will post a lot when I have a big project due. I'm good at procrastinating (hence, the blog post right now). :) Oh well, come December 14th, my Masters will be done, I will be in a good routine with Fox, and I should have a couple more 1/2 marathons under my belt. But more importantly, I will be ready for a good, looooong nap.
6 comments:
So what do you do to fill all that spare time of yours? If it gets too crazy, give me a call and I'll take someone off of your hands for a while. :-) (I don't mean Justin!) Did I see that Tana may be able to come out?
Oops, that was from me - Jan
Jan, I may take you up on that offer, especially when the writing portion of class gets intense. It is hard to keep a coherent thought when you are chasing Ellie around! :) I'll even let you take Justin if you want. :) And, yes, Tana is coming out for Ellie's birthday party!! Fun!!
All I can say is WOW!! There's no way I could do what you're doing! But way to go!! You'll do great...just take it one day at a time and leave the rest in the Lord's hands!
Permanently in our prayers, don't forget to have fun because you are doing what you love! (even if at an alarming pace!)
a nap sounds so good right now...
Post a Comment