See You Soon, Jackie!

Wednesday, August 26, 2009






Jackie, Brant, and Maddie began their journey to New Jersey today. Can't say I am excited about it, but I am happy for them. This marks the beginning to Brant's dream to get his doctorate at Princeton. He will begin class in a couple of weeks and hopefully be done within 3-4 years. At that point they will be moving back to the NW. (catch that, they WILL be moving back) :) Anyway, this is the first time either one of them have lived far away from home. Truth be told, it has been really weird that they are the ones leaving and not Justin and I. Knock on wood, but I am glad our moving days out of the state of Oregon are behind us!


I'm not going to lie, I am really, really, really going to miss Jackie. But, I know she is following God's Will. I am SO proud of her for following her husband to Princeton. Many couples would live in separate states instead of uprooting the family or leaving a job, but Jackie decided to go to Princeton. In fact, I don't think it ever crossed her mind not too. I'm so proud of her! :) I plan on visiting Jackie, Brant, and my favorite niece sometime this year in NJ. We will also see them at Christmas and next summer (hopefully). So, really, it won't be too different than the amount we have seen them in the past. Also, I know I will be talking to her all of the time. Praise God for technology!!!!! Cell phones and i-chat (video conferencing) will be our friends! :)

In other news, I finished my Blues course. Glad that is behind me. It wasn't difficult, but completing it while two family members died was hard. But, I did it and I got an A. Wahoo!! Now I have one class left. ONE!!! It will take 14 weeks and is my Curriculum Project/Thesis. Bleh! It will be very intense and probably a difficult fall - but we'll make it through. If I can pass this last class with an A, I will have earned a 4.0 for my Masters degree! Not bad... :) But, even better than the grade - once this class is completed, I am DONE with school. I will never again be forced to go to school....except to teach...for my job. Hmm... :)

One other thing, I posted another blog entry today about changes in our backyard. Check out that entry too! :)

4 comments:

Jackie said...

You sure know how to make a girl tear up. :) I love you so much.

Family of 5 said...

Oh sisters! I will be praying for you all! What a blessing family is! Hang in there, time will fly by! And way to go on your classes!

Kyle Kivett said...

I think you should mark the completion of your masters degree with something really fun and just for you. A girls getaway. I know a CRUISE!!!!!

Wendy said...

I said that last comment not Kyle - that would be creepy.