Hard reminder

Sunday, August 9, 2009

My "Uncle" Jeff was killed today in an accident in Zimbabwe. He wasn't blood related, but definitely family. Jeff was my dad's assistant at Aloha HS for 12 years, since before I was born (I think). He celebrated holidays with us, went on family vacations, I was in his wedding, and his kids were in mine. I can't even explain how heavy my heart is right now.


Jeff is now in Heaven, praising Jesus in Paradise. I am happy for him, just mourning us missing him on earth. Also, I am so sad for his wife and two beautiful kids who will miss him more than I can imagine.

Tell your loved ones you love them - right now! Life is short and can end before you get a chance to say good-bye. Also, make sure you know where you are going when you die. Seriously! I have so much assurance knowing I will be rejoicing God in heaven when I die. It takes the fear out of death.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh Sarah! I'm so, so sorry for this. If he is the Jeff that I'm thinking of, I'll always remember him with that great smile. We will be praying for you, your family and his. Love you, Jan

Patti said...

Is this Mr. Cumpston?? Oh, I am so sorry Sarah. I am relieved to hear that he was a believer.....praying for his family and your family too. :(

girl said...

Patti, yes - it was Jeff Cumpston. So, so sad. He was biking and hit by a motorcyclist. Unbelievable. :(

Susan said...

Sarah, I am stunned. And so sorry for all of you. I know he was a very dear friend. Our prayers are with you all. Too much sadness recently. You're so right...hug your dear ones NOW! Love Susan (Edwards)

Tana said...

Sarah, I am so sorry for your loss. Know that I am thinking of you and your family. Love you so very much. Call if you need to.

Wendy said...

Thank you for blogging about him, I was happy to hear he was a believer, Kyle was not sure. Hang in there and I will be praying for you.