It's true, this is my second blog post in 24 hours. I know, amazing. It could be that I have so much to say, oooor it could be that I have a big project due that I need to work on. I don't know, you decide. :)
Anyway, I realized that I haven't posted my "10 month" stats for Ellie yet. Since this blog is also a journal of her life, this hits priority over that nasty paper I need to write. Priorities, people!
So, here are some fun things that Ellie is doing now:
- She LOVES to walk everywhere. Granted, this requires help from some adult, but that doesn't matter. The girl is on a mission. Watch out, World!
- She is pulling herself up and plopping herself right back down in order to increase her mobility. The house is now baby-proofed and all small objects are off anything within reach. It hit me that this is probably how our house will look for a long time. Hmm.
- She has 5 teeth now. The two top teeth are coming down nicely and another bottom one (she already has two) just popped through. She is handling this actually very well, just a little bit more needy that "normal" - especially at night.
- Justin has been able to get her to belly-laugh, which is SO funny. I love hearing them bond.
- Ellie is in swimming lessons and LOVES the water. We actually signed her up for another session, because it is cheaper for us to swim as a family via swimming lessons then if we were to pay for individual sessions. Also, the pool is like 90 degrees. Not bad, even though it is heavily clorinated and probably peed in regularly. Manageable - especially since we all immediately take baths/showers afterward. :)
- She has a fun new trick of yelling for attention. There are no tears involved and not even a "cry" sound - it is just straight up yelling. This now occurs at night, at restaurants, where-ever. She's loud and knows it. She also knows it gets immediate attention, because we want it to stop. Oh, the cycle begins...
- As well as walking with help, Ellie is crawling everywhere - including up stairs. (fun times) It is so cute to watch her set her eyes on something and bee-line for it. She gets this little grunt, "oooo ooo" noise as she approaches her goal object. Too funny!
- With exception of cereal in the morning, Ellie is feeding herself. I love this!! She makes a complete mess, but it is ok. The sense of freedom I experience by watching her shovel cottage cheese, mac and cheese, or chicken and peas (to name a few) into her mouth is fantastic. :)
- We are head over heals in love with our baby girl. I can't believe she is approaching a year. All of the sudden things like middle school, high school, and even college don't seem that far away because of how quickly time flies. Yikes!
Alright, I need to start my homework now...

4 comments:
Love the updates! Thanks! Since you are swimming with Ellie, I need to know if swimmers are the same size as regular diapers. I need to buy them in a few days. Any tips? We will be on vacation, lessons will be next summer hopefully.
What a cutie she is!! I'm pretty sure she'll be walking before she turns one! You've got a mover :) Love the family picture by the way!
How wonderful! I was at the store today and this little girl shrieked and I looked over there and she just smiled, then she did it again and someone else looked over and she just smiled...So I can perfectly hear little sweet Ellie screaming :)
it's so amazing to me to compare milestones. callie didn't take an interest in walking until just a few weeks ago. i think ellie will be doing it long on her own before callie does. but, everything else sounds about the same :) you have such a beautiful (and fun!) little girl. i'm so glad to see new posts on your blog!
Post a Comment