Depoe Bay

Thursday, August 6, 2009

Hello World!

I feel like I haven't been able to hit my blogging-stride this summer. Not quite sure why... maybe school, maybe the craziness of July with my grandpa, who knows. Anyway, I will work on posting more frequently again. I don't want to disappoint my fans...all 5 of you! :)

Justin, Ellie, and I are at Depoe Bay right now with Bruce and Jan (my in-laws). We are having a fantastic time and loving their new beach house. What a blessing to have a place to escape to, even if it is 2 1/2 hours away! We will be making this trip often. We have seen whales everyday and enjoy just staring out at the ocean. I figure if I have to study anyway, why not at the beach?

Ellie is now 10 months old and loving life! She is such a joy to be around and lights up any room. Today we had fun taking some pictures. Enjoy!


My dad came down yesterday and took Justin and I sailing. It was awesome! I got to steer the boat...but had us going in circles very, very slowly. Apparently sailing is an art...

Ellie and Grandma Jan

Gotta admit, I LOVE this picture. If Ellie wouldn't look so different in 5 months, this would be our Christmas photo.
Grandpa Bruce and his favorite little girl

Walkin in the sand

She loves to walk now, with our help. Soon she won't need us, though!

I love staring at the ocean. It reminds me how small I am and how big God is. What an awesome, constant reminder. I am glad my little girl loves to stare at it too.

I love these two!

Growing up too quickly!

3 comments:

Jackie said...

SO Adorable!!! I miss you guys, and can't wait to see you next week and hang out in Sunriver. BTW, mom misses you too...she's standing over my shoulder as I write this, so I better not write something I don't want her to read.. (and yes, I just got the reaction I was looking for). Nice. :)

joles family said...

Sarah!!! Those pics are awesome! Thanks for sharing whar is going on with you guys. Time does fly! And I don't even have homework and studing to do. I can't imagine how it must feel for you! Sorry that is has been so long since we have talked! When your schedule slows down give me a call. August & early Sept will be nuts for us with vacation and the move and Jess's parents (both sets) coming to visit. But I miss you like crazy and would love to talk with you soon! Miss you!

Brittany said...

too cute in the little pink jacket in July!!