
Our baby girl turned 9 months old today. I can't believe it! I say this each month, but I am amazed at the things she can now do. Our baby is turning into a little girl. Today we lowered her crib mattress since she is about to start pulling herself into a standing position. I have also manipulated her room and toys to suit her curiosity and keep her out of harm. It is fun and I love to see her discover new things, but it is also alarming how that simple curiosity can get her into a lot of hurt. Don't worry, nothing has happened - I just think I would sleep a lot better right now if our house was completely padded, everything was bolted to the wall, and it was one story. :) Here are some fun things that are happening now:
- Ellie began crawling this week. It still is a form of an "army crawl" where she kind of digs her face and shoulders into the floor, even though her back end keeps pushing forward. :) Each time she does it, she becomes more efficient and goes further. It is amazing at how efficient she is getting!
- Her 9 month appointment was today and she is 18 pounds, which puts her in the 25-50%. I know it is closer to the 25%, but I am SO happy about it! At her 6 month appointment, Ellie was in the 8%, so we are making progress! :) She is also 28 3/4 inches (90%) and her head circumference is in the 90%. Wow!
- Ellie loves to wave, play peek-a-boo, clap, "so big", or any activity that will get you to look at her. :) She loves attention and will demand it in a "less cute" way if the first type of games don't work.
- She is getting more and more finger food, which I love. Although I need to get some recipes for more baby-type food, I love that she can feed herself. It makes life a little easier!
- As mentioned earlier, Ellie LOVES to swim. She loves being in the water and has become an active kicker and splasher.
- Ellie can now move from a lying down position to a sitting position. She was rolling around on the floor one day when I was putting on my make-up, when all of the sudden I looked over and she was sitting. I dismissed it, thinking perhaps I forgot that I just sat her up myself. However, she did it again a couple minutes later. So fun!
- Ellie's repertoire of skills is now so fun that she decides to practice them at night...while she is sleeping. I guess this is really common, however it also means she doesn't sleep as well. I guess that is the price I have to pay... :)
I am sure there is stuff I am forgetting. Maybe I'll add onto this post soon. Also, I will hopefully update the picture soon, since this was taken last week - when she was 8 months old. :)
2 comments:
Yay for crawling...I fully agree that living in a padded house would make life SO much easier.
Emersyn did not fall out of her crib, she just smashed her mouth against the railing. She does that randomly when she goes to bite stuff sometimes, I think she gets too excited. :)
Congratulations! Mobility! You are right, she is growing up! So exciting!
Post a Comment