Since I am using this blog as a journal for Ellie, I thought I would record some 8-month stats. :)
- Ellie is now walking in her walker. Around and around in circles she goes. :) She loves playing with the toys on the center console that the walker is connected to.
- She started clapping last week and now practices all the time: while eating, getting her diaper changed, playing, and even falling asleep. It's pretty cute! :)
- Yesterday Ellie finally began using her pincer grasp and fed herself a baby cracker. Yay! I have learned that I need to be patient and just give her a chance to figure it out...which means giving her lots of time. I baked cookies while she sat in her high chair staring at the crackers and eventually one got to her mouth. Yay for Ellie self-feeding and yay for Mommy being patient! :)
- Her little personality is truly coming out: she may be quiet at first, observing the situation, but when she feels comfortable - she will soon become vibrant with squeels, shrieks, laughs, and talking. Oh, and just try taking away something she is playing with or eating... I dare you. :)
- She has the loudest and highest squeal! Seriously, I think it even startles her at times. It is almost like a shriek that is high, loud, and lasts for awhile. Neither Justin or I can reach the octave with our voice, but can whistle along with her. Actually, that is the best way to get her to stop, because she thinks it is funny and just starts smiling and laughing! Hmm...maybe this is a game...
- Ellie still isn't crawling yet (which I am ok with since our house isn't baby-proofed), but is very close. She gets on all fours and rocks back and forth. She can scoot around and basically get where she wants with scooting and rolling. I have rescued her from under tables and couches (her legs get stuck when she scoots backyards).
- She is getting more and more curious and comfortable with Bruno. She LOVES letting him kiss her...which I try to limit to hands or feet (key word: try). She is starting to be more curious with his fur and tail, which is a little nerve wracking to me. But, we figure as long as we are there monitoring it and even petting Bruno at the same time, it is the best we can do.
- Ellie is eating 3 meals a day now. Morning: cereal mixed with milk and butter (she LOVES it). Lunch: some type of fruit (bananas and canelope are her favorite). Dinner: veggies and fruit. Soon we will start pureed meat or pasta. I am still super nervous about her choking, so I am probably being too reserved about introducing new foods. Oh well, she'll get them eventually...there's only so much I can stress about!
- Finally, she is truly moving out of the infant stage and more into the baby/little girl stage. She doesn't really like to cuddle anymore before she goes to sleep - which has been hard on me. I used to hold her until she almost fell asleep, but now she wiggles so much and really just wants to be put down. I try to fight it, to make her cuddle, but then give up and lie her down. Sure enough, it works. She plays with the toys in her crib and then puts herself to sleep. I guess I shouldn't be upset about that, but it is another reminder that she isn't a little baby anymore. Also, we switched out her infant car seat last night to the the converter seat. Honestly, I might switch it back today. She is ready to be out of the infant seat, BUT - I am not sure if I am ready for all that entails: sitting in the the front part of grocery carts, sitting in restaurant high chairs, etc. We'll see. We decided I would try it out today and then possibly switch them back tonight - just for a couple of weeks. Don't worry, my three year old won't be in an infant seat! :) I think this is all an indication on how hard the future is going to be for me.

5 comments:
So sweet. I loved it. Jan
Are you SURE we can't move across the street from you??? :-) Jan
Our babies are growing up!!! *sniff sniff* I JUST pureed some meat for Emersyn this last week, a half a burger one night and she liked it okay on some bread. A couple nights ago we had bbq'd teriyaki chicken tenders and I pureed one with some pineapple and it was so good, I almost ate it myself. Emersyn was unsure of the texture but that is to be expected I think. She was the same way with rice cereal initially. Letting them feed themselves takes FOREVER it seems. I really have to build that time into us getting ready and out the door on some mornings. :)
Yay for 8 months stats, good job Mom! :)
Awww what a wonderful little girl!
Love her cute bathing suit! She's got the greatest little smile!
Post a Comment