Making Progress

Saturday, October 25, 2008

Ellie is gaining weight! She was weighed last night at 8lbs 8.5 ounces. Yay! Admist the frustrations of sleeping/feeding schedules and confusion about Ellie's slow digestive system- this was wonderful news! To me it means I am doing something right. :) She is starting to fill out more and not look like a skinny baby. The girl is getting some cheeks! 


On the subject of weight, I get to start really tracking my weight again. Joy, oh joy. Coming from running a marathon, to being pregnant - I can't remember the last time I had to watch what I eat. It is frustrating and kind of sad! Especially with all of the delicious desserts and halloween candy that have invaded our house. I can't just throw it away! Once it is gone, the "diet" will begin. :) Actually, I am hoping if I just manage my portions and get back into serious running again - I should be fine. You know me, though- I want it now. Patience patience. We'll see. My biggest motivation right now is just to be able to fit my clothes. Unfortunately, my closet is full of clothes I was able to wear when I was in "marathon shape". This could be a long process, but being a girl who thrives on setting goals - the motivation is there!

1 comments:

Wendy said...

I so hear you. Do it now, you will be glad that you don't have a three year old and realize you still have baby weight to loose.