I only have a minute, but I wanted to write an update about our decision after Wednesday's madness. We have decided to not do a blood test at this time. Ellie has had milk, peanut butter, wheat, etc. for over a year and has been completely fine. The time she broke into a rash and reaction was when we switched from whole to lower fat milk. I can't explain it. For now, I am going to take Doctor #1's suggestion and wait it out. In about 6 months I will try 2% milk again. If it works - great! If not, we'll see an allergist. It is probably an additive they put into the milk when they take out milk fat. Until then, I'm not worrying about it. She's happy, healthy, and has been completely fine these past couple of days (and that is with consuming milk, pb&j sandwich, pb&chocolate cookies, and other things we would have tested). Also, there is nothing wrong with whole milk. (thanks, Becky, for reminding me that!)
Kate’s Birthday! 🌻
1 month ago

4 comments:
Glad to hear it friend....and my pediatrician still encourages whole milk at this age too.
Hope you are having a good weekend. I told Brett today that we should get together with you guys sometime to watch a Blazer game and let the girls play. :)
Patti - YES!! Let's watch a game! :) We love the Blazers and it would be fun for the girls to play. :)
Sarah- Sorry you guys are having a rough week! My advice would be to do exactly what you did. Switch her back to whole milk. We only drink whole milk, its got a lot of good fat for brain building. I wouldn't put her through more allergy tests, at the most do an elimination diet and see if she has reactions when you add it back in. Good luck! Allergies are hard!
wow. i'm sorry this is a trying season for you with ellie's health. i pray that there is clarification soon!
Post a Comment