Great is our Lord and mighty in power; his understanding has no limit. The LORD sustains the humble but casts the wicked to the ground. Sing to the LORD with thanksgiving; make music to our God on the harp. He covers the sky with clouds; he supplies the earth with rain and makes grass grow on the hills. He provides food for the cattle and for the young ravens when they call. His pleasure is not in the strength of the horse, nor his delight in the legs of a man; the LORD delights in those who fear him, who put their hope in his unfailing love. (Psalm 147:5-11)
Today I am thankful that God is bigger than me. I need that today. No particular reason, just am finding my eyes are more focused downward than upward. I'm tired, overwhelmed with my day and coming weekend, battling a cold, not feeling inspired to teach all afternoon, etc, etc. I am thankful that God understands me, he loves me through my weaknesses, gently grows me up in Him, and provides the encouragement I need.
I am thankful for the amazing planet me live on. Last night we had a huge rain storm here. Man, it was coming down! I love that God provided this rain and am definitely thankful for the protection I had from it in my warm house. It was awesome falling asleep to the sound of it pounding against the side of the house.
Today, Lord, I place my hope in You. Help me to lift my eyes UPWARD rather than on myself. Thank you for the encouragement You give me through Your Word.

0 comments:
Post a Comment