My Week

Thursday, February 12, 2009



So...I am going on two weeks of not having a full nights sleep. And by "full night", I mean not getting up 1-2 times a night for up to a full hour each time. First I think Ellie was going through a growth spurt, then she got sick, now we are recovering from her being sick as well as trying to transition her to sleep without a full swaddle. I figure, if I am not going to be sleeping anyway - might as well work on getting her used to not being swaddled. Oh, how I miss sleep!


As a recap, Ellie had a fever all last weekend: Thursday-Sunday. It ranged from 99-102 degrees and accompanied her very congested head. Thankfully, the cold never traveled to her lungs or ears and she maintained a happy disposition the entire time. So thankful! However, I am longing for a full nights sleep. The sad thing is that I know teething is around the corner, which means more long nights for me. For some reason, I think it is going to be a looooong time before I sleep consistently again. Bummer!

Now, Justin is sick. He came home from school today to go to the doctor (which is very unlike him). He was told he has pink eye, he is contagious,  and there are no antibiotics for it. Arg! When he told the doctor that we have a four month old daughter, she said to expect Ellie to get it as well. Fabulous. That is just what I wanted to hear...

This weekend, Justin and I are going to the military ball and I think we may finally take some pictures of us. I realize this blog is pretty Ellie centered. I do have a life outside of her, she is just the best part! :) I will try to remember to get some pictures taken of Justin and I this weekend and post them on here. 

1 comments:

Family of 5 said...

Wow, you've had quite a week, it's no fun with teh family gets sick...hopefully you won't get it.. And have a fabulous time at the ball! What a fun thing to be able to get all dressed up! CAn't wait to see pics of that!