Rejoice!

Sunday, August 19, 2007


First of all, I finally figured out how to post pictures (yay!). Turns out it is actually very simple...oops! The picture posted is of me during the Newport Marathon at mile 18. Still smiling! :)

I am feeling much different than my last post about moving to Florida. For the past two weeks I have been really missing teaching and feeling incredibly anxious about moving to a place where I do not have a home or a job waiting for me. I have been frustrated about this anxiety, because I have been so amazed that I have not been anxious the past year and a half when Justin started really pursuing the National Guard. I know that this is because of God and the peace that can surpasses all understanding that can only come from Him.

Last night in my bible study and today at church, I really was struck by the Philippians 4:4-6 where Paul states to rejoice in the Lord ALWAYS...and to not be anxious about anything. The funny thing is that these are actually my favorite verses, however God chose to speak to me once again with them at this time of my life. Then at church this morning, the sermon was about being available to God and living to the potential that He intended for me through obedience, spiritual growth, and being useful and fruitful for/to Him. I know that God has a plan for my life and know that without a doubt we are following His Will by moving to Florida. I am now really excited to go with an open heart and see how God chooses to use me. All of the sudden, I am not concerned with teaching band next year and excited for the new adventures and opportunities our time in Florida will bring.

One thing - if I start feeling discouraged, would someone please remind me of how I am feeling now? Thanks! :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have so much admiration for what you are doing. Good for you! It's exciting to sit back and watch what will unfold for you and Justin over the next year.

Do you know how to send an automatic email, telling people that you have posted another note on your blog? If you do that, you might have more people (such as Mom and Dad), who will be reading it more often. Otherwise, they might not think to check your blog every few days. Just a suggestion. I'll keep checking regardless - I love it! :)

Anonymous said...

Oops! I forgot to sign my name for the above post.

Love, JACKIE :)