Today we were blessed with a snow day. Well, this morning was an actual snow day - until about 9am. And now it is a typical Oregon "snow" day - one where they cancelled everything in the early morning and then by mid-morning everything melts and there is no indication why all the schools are closed and kids are roaming the streets. Oh well, I enjoyed my Thursday off from commuting and teaching. :)
My roommate, Emily, and I took Ellie on a "snow walk" this morning. As you can tell, the roads and sidewalks were completely bare by the time we got outside (10am), but that's ok. The snow was still out. We got about 2-3 inches total, so that was fun.
Emily teaching Ellie how to make a snowball. However - completely true to her personality, Ellie was hesitant to put her hands on anything that would make them wet or dirty (yes, she gets that from her Daddy). :)
My favorite picture from the morning. :)
Still trying to figure this whole "I think I'm supposed to like this, but what's so great about snow" thing.
Standing amongst the quickly vanishing snow.
Beginning our walk. "Hi, Mama!"

4 comments:
And Justin didn't get his aversion to dirty or wet hands from me!! Absolutely and totally his dad! Cute pics. Love you, Jan
She is so big!!
And I love snow days:))
She is too cute!! And you weren't kidding about the melting snow! Good grief, Portland-snow-days.
How funny is it that Blake has apparently played in the snow more times than Ellie and we live in Georgia!!?? And true to being a boy, he loves to get wet and dirty playing in it!
Post a Comment