Cupcake Tuesday

Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Welcome to my new guilty pleasure: cupcakes! :) My sweet friend (yes, pun intended) and I get together weekly and explore new experiences together. Since I am taking a break from long distance running, we decided to go to the opposite extreme: eating fatty foods! (haha, I love it!) Each week we think of a delicious combination, gather the ingredients, and then get together to bake to our heart's delight. It is a wonderful time of creation, friendship, love, laughter, and deeelcious cupcakes!

The best part is that we give most of the cupcakes away each week so we don't have to worry about self control (a definite bonus). It's fun to make a friend's day by handing them a fantastic cupcake. :) Who knows, maybe someday someone will pay us to bake for them. That'd be fun, but until then - we'll keep creating and our fans will keep eating!

Here's a chronicle of our creations:

Week 1: Golden Vanilla Cupcakes, Maple Cream Cheese Frosting, Topped with Bacon Bits. It was like a fantastic breakfast with each bite!

Week 2: Banana Cupcakes, Chocolate Ganache Filling, Topped with Peanut Buttercream Frosting and Chocolate Sprinkles. Ummmm... yeah, they were delicious!
The beautiful final product!

Week 3: Chocolate Cupcake, Homemade Carmel Filling, and Mocha Buttercream Frosting
Beautiful
Nothing like homemade carmel oozing out of a cupcake!

These are actually the cupcakes I made for her birthday, but they were too delicious to not include on here. :)
Chocolate Cupcake, Marshmellow Buttercream Filling, and Chocolate Ganache Frosting = HEAVENLY!!

Week 4: Lemon Buttermilk Cupcakes, Lemon Curd Filling, Vanilla Cream Cheese Buttercream Frosting with Fancy Sugar Sprinkles
These melt-in-your-mouth cupcakes were like a glorified lemon bar cookie. Honestly, I didn't know how we were going to top the last couple of cupcakes we made, but somehow we did!

Stay tuned, there are many more weeks to go!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh my. They kept getting yummier and yummier looking and then you topped them off with the lemon cupcake. Over the top yummy! Jan

Family of 5 said...

Um, hello those look DELISH!!!! I want to try one...my mouth is watering!

Ashlee said...

I want to make cupcakes now! I loved all your pictures and the flavor combos sound very appetizing.

Brittany said...

How fun! And yummy! I have a project for you, I made a cake like this and ate 3/4 of it by myself in 2 days.

Red Velvet Cupcakes with a rasberry liquor (or not :) drizzle and a cream cheese/whipping cream frosting. It's so worth it, thank you Paula Deen!