Truth

Wednesday, July 15, 2009

I know I haven't posted in a week and a lot is going on, but it has just been one of those times where I am not sure what to say. My grandpa is still in the hospital, still in the ICU - now for 2 weeks. It seems like just about anything that could happen - has and it has been really hard on the family. I think everyone has found and surpassed their emotional threshold. I would love to give an update about how he is doing, but it seriously changes by the hour. However, he is still with us, so that is something to praise God about. Also, when things aren't getting worse - that is also something to praise God about. I am just ready for them to start getting better...


God really blessed with with our church's worship and sermon on Sunday. It was one of those times where I knew I really should go to church, but a million other things were going through my mind tempting me to stay home. Ever have those days?!? Anyway, Justin had Guards - so I was on my own. I have come to a point where I know that if I am really tempted to stay home from church, I should go because God has something big planned. Sure enough, I felt showered with blessings of truth at church. Such amazing reminders of who our God is, that He has a plan, and that ultimately - because I am His Child, I get to look forward to Heaven. What wonderful promises!!! Seriously, all this stuff with my grandpa has really made me analyze what I believe. Do I really believe what I say I believe? But the awesome thing, is I do! Praise God!

God really used the song below to speak to me this weekend at the exact perfect time. I so needed to hear these words of Truth and assurance. This is something I can blog about.

"You Are God Alone" (Phillips Craig & Dean)

You are not a god
Created by human hands
You are not a god
Dependent on any mortal man
You are not a god
in need of anything we can give
By Your plan, that's just the way it is

Chorus:
You are God alone
From before time began
You were on Your throne
You are God alone
And right now
In the good times and bad
You are on Your throne
You are God alone

You're the only God
Whose power none can contend
You're the only God
Whose name and praise will never end
You're the only God
Who's worth of everything we can give
You are God
And that's just the way it is

Repeat Chorus

Bridge:
Unchangeable
Unshakeable
Unstoppable
That's what You are

1 comments:

Patti said...

Great thoughts Sarah! Still praying for your Grandpa...