A New Appreciation

Friday, April 3, 2009

Having Ellie has given me a new perspective on life as well as a new appreciation for my mom and all moms out there. Like with most people, this appreciation was truly first discovered when I left home for college. All of the sudden, my mom (and dad) became really smart in my eyes! :) I sought their council and advice on everything from cooking to car problems. 


When I became pregnant with Ellie, I was given an appreciation for pregnant women. Never again will look at them the same way and I will do my best to help them out if needed. For example, I will NEVER be the person who just watches a giant pregnant women struggle to pick something up that fell out of her grocery cart...like what happened to me. Anyway...

This week I got the crud that has been plaguing our nation. I have a nasty chest cold that has wiped me out. Unfortunately, I don't get a break from an active 6-month old who wants my attention (or my long paper that I should be working on right now). Therefore, I have been given a new appreciation for moms. We don't get a break. You "keep on going" even when there is no energy to "keep on going." I can't even imagine what it will be like when I am pregnant again and battling all of those "fun" symptoms with a toddler running around. I imagine my appreciation will sky-rocket at that point! :)

Alright, enough procrastinating. I have a paper to write!

2 comments:

Wendy said...

Seriously, I never knew that moms did so much.

Patti said...

YES! Let's get something on the calendar for sure. I think that we have only hung out ONCE this year so far, what is up with that?? The girls will have changed so much, I can hardly believe it. Friday's are still working best for me so if that works for you, pick one and we can get plans. Perhaps a playdate at a park?? SO fun!!!

The bonnet was on clearance at the Old Navy outlet in Lincoln City, $3.99!!!!! I just loved it!!! It's very practical too!!