We had a wonderful, full Easter weekend. It started off with Jackie and Brant joining us for a Good Friday service at our church. It was powerful and a great reminder of Christ's sacrifice for us. It was also wonderful seeing Jackie and Brant, especially since they are moving to New Jersey in September. :( We are so happy for Brant to be able to complete his THM degree (like a masters) and hopefully doctorate degree at Princeton, but we sure will miss them! However, I am holding onto the hope that we will see them at holidays and hopefully in the summer, so it won't be too much different than now.
As you can see in the picture, Jackie looks amazing at 30 weeks pregnant! I am so, so, so excited for her and to meet little Maddie Mae (Jackie, if I spelt that wrong, sorry!). She is due in mid-June, which we just realized really isn't that far away. Being not that far removed from pregnancy, it is flooding back memories of the third trimester, waiting and yearning to finally be done, and then the excitement and anticipation of labor.
Ellie has been sick with the cold that both Justin and I had (have) this past week, which has made for some long days and nights. Here is a picture of me studying while Ellie takes her nap on me. It was the only way to get her to sleep and for me to get work done. I wanted Justin to take a picture of it so I could always remember what I went through to get a Masters. Boy, I can't wait for this to be done. My class is full of fascinating content, but my facilitator (person who grades my papers) and I don't agree with how my papers should be graded. (like how politically correct I put that??) Many tears and frustrating rants have been shed over this class, and even Justin agrees that my papers are better than the grades they are receiving. However, after arguing and defending my papers - the grades remain the same. It is frustrating, especially since I can't go speak to someone personally, but at least I am passing. One more paper to write and I will be done with this class and hopefully the facilitator forever.
Finally, here are a couple pictures of Ellie after a loooong Easter day. I realized at the end of the day that we forget to get pictures, so she looks exhausted and her hair is funky - but know that she did look really cute. :) I love dressing her up. It takes me back to when I was little and dressed up my dollies. Now my dolly is an adorable little girl. So much fun!
Alright, enough procrastinating...time to study.

4 comments:
So sweet she is! She looks adorable in that outfit! She wears purple good! :) What a doll! And what a huge relief that will be to be done with your masters! Way to go!
I love the picture of her asleep on you! I know it's hard when that's the only thing that will get them to sleep, but enjoy it while you can! :) Good luck on getting those papers done-you are a strong girl and I know can do it!
Wow. She really is sitting so well! Callie looks about the same as far as sitting abilities, and she's a month older!
Ellie is getting so big! I love her cute little EAster outfit. That picture of her strapped to you asleep while you work is hilariuos. What us Mom's have to go through to get something done.... :)
Post a Comment