Smile!

Monday, November 17, 2008





Ellie has begun smiling and we're so excited about it! I love mornings when I get to wake her up (as opposed to the other way around). She is so happy and has really begun communicating with smiles, coos, and little laugh type sounds. It is pretty awesome!


I don't have a picture of it, but Ellie is also in the stage of trying to mimic facial expressions. A fun trick that Justin discovered is that if he sticks his tongue out, she will (sometimes) do the same. So cute!

We are also learning more of her personality. I really think she is going to be a fiesty, independent girl who knows what she wants and wants it now. Hmmm, sound familiar? :) I am praying for her and my patience now!

One other thing is that she is sleeping more! She has been giving me 6 or so hour long stretches at night, but I am sure can go longer. Unfortunately, I am apparently the one who has to get used to this as I have woken her up the past couple mornings. Why?? I don't know!! This morning I was really kicking myself, but didn't realize what I was doing until I had unswaddled her and she was awake. Oh well, better luck tonight!

8 comments:

Amanda @ Life in bloom said...

Ellie sounds a lot like Addison, independent and fiesty!

Joe, Jess, Joy and Jenna said...

I can totally relate to waking my child up and then wondering "Why did I do that?" I am so glad that Ellie is sleeping better!

Heather said...

That's wonderful! I wake Callie up many mornings because I want our day to start at the same time (sometime between 6am and 6:30am)--but I totally get it! Anyway, love the pics! Ellie is such a cutie!

Wendy said...

Love the Ellie pictures, what a personality.

Family of 5 said...

I love smiles! They are the best! It was fun to see you at the shower on Friday night!

Jackie said...

Good GRIEF! She is such a doll!! I can't wait to see her next week!!!

Dean Christensen said...

Grandpa Pat told me that she smiled at him the other day... Grandma Kris then informed him that she had just pooed her diaper.

Aimee said...

The smiles just get better and better!! Enjoy them!