My New Running Partner

Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Now that Ellie is 6-weeks old she is old enough to be initiated into running with me - well, outside the womb. :)  On Monday we went for our first run together. Here is a picture of Ellie in her new warm bear outfit. She also had a towel cushioned around her head and a fleece blanket over her body. The girl was warm and ready to brave the elements! At no surprise to her mama, she fell asleep immediately and slept the entire time I suffered through that run. Wow, running hills with a stroller is intense! I am frustrated with how difficult it is right now, but that's just because I am impatient. :) It will get better and eventually I will stop cursing the hills and enjoy running again. 


Yesterday I had my 6-week check-up with my OB. I must say, it was wonderful sitting in the reception area and NOT be pregnant! :) I just smiled knowingly and sympathetically at the other very pregnant women in the room. Seeing my doctor was fun too. I brought Ellie thinking she would sleep through the appointment and just look cute. Instead, Ellie decided to scream 2 minutes before Dr. Heller walked into the room until we left. It was embarrassing for me, but I knew that everyone understood. Leaving the office was nice as it symbolized the end of my pregnancy. Yay! :)

Ellie is still dealing with frustrating digestive issues, so yesterday was difficult. She kept waking up from her naps in pain, which was so sad for us. Consequently, her eating and sleeping routine got off...a lot. And consequently, last night took a major step back in our progress of sleeping more at night. Thirty minutes after I fell asleep last night, I was woken up with a cry for food. Ugh! That was frustrating, but I knew it was my fault that I didn't stick to her routine yesterday. You'd think that I would know better after 6-weeks. Oh well, today will be better which hopefully will result in more than 5 hours total sleep tonight. 

3 comments:

Darin and Tracy Elgersma said...

I love the bear outfit. Soooo cute.

Amanda @ Life in bloom said...

Ugh jogging with the jogging stroller! We only walk with ours :) And I hope Ellie gets her digestive issues figured out, so sad!!!

Wendy said...

Running already, what an amazing little baby. Maybe one day you will run a marathon together! Sorry about the poop issues. NO FUN! I'll be praying.