Justin and I have recently developed a new friendship with Craigslist. Last week we bought a large, solid computer desk for $60. Awesome! (comparable to the $200-300 desks we were seeing in stores)
But here's the best story: we need an entry table for our new house. I have been looking around at different stores for awhile and couldn't find anything that I liked for under $200. Obviously, that price just isn't going to work right now, so we started looking at different options. One was to have my dad build us one, however he is backed up on projects and I felt really bad adding another one onto the list. So...we started looking on Craigslist. We found some really cheap looking ones that we almost settled for, but then Justin found a set of three solid oak tables that included a sofa/entry table for $50 total. We only needed the entry table, but after looking at all three (and the owners refusing to sell us just the one table) - we decided to purchase all three. Well - we immediately put the two other tables back onto Craigslist and just sold them for $75!! Ha!! We made $25 and got a good quality entry table out of the deal! :) Yes!!
A house update: we hope to be moving into our new place Thursday night... I'll keep you posted. Closing has been quite a bit more drawn out than we expected, but that's a story for another time. Time to get back to studying...I have a bunch of articles and a 20-page paper staring me in the face!

4 comments:
I love CraigsList!!!! That's where I got a year old washer that looks and acts new for $150!!! Woohoo!!!
Yay for fun finds on craigslist! Good luck with papers and such. I don't envy you :)
we love that site! as soon as i get back to eli, we'll take a picture of his old desk and hopefully sell it for a pretty penny. wish us luck! i'm so excited to see more pictures of your new home. happy moving!
That's SO cool...way to go, my fellow bargain hunter!
Can't wait to hear you are all moved...keep us posted!
Love and miss you guys,
Ade
Post a Comment