17 Months

Wednesday, March 10, 2010


Ellie is in her 17 month of life and is definitely a little girl. Although she won't make this distinction yet, she will point out every baby to you (real or not) and make sure you are aware of the "bay-bee", as if to say "look at what I am not anymore." And it's true, she is definitely not a baby anymore.


Here is what a 17-month Ellie is all about:

* She is communicating more each day and definitely copies you (especially if she recognizes that you like it). Her new words include: cheese, shh, no (that's a fun one), go, wee (for swing or slide). She also does a better job of responding to statements or questions with "hi", "no", or "bye." It is so much fun to watch and hear her communicate with us. It's almost like you can actually watch the wheels turn in her little brain.

* Ellie continues to love to climb on things. She can now get herself fully onto our kitchen table chairs with no help. It is hilarious, because she will throw her upper body onto the chair, bring her legs parallel to the ground, pump her legs vigorously to get momentum and pull her body up, and then rise to a sitting position with a giant smile on her face! :)

* Ellie is testing the limits of how to appropriately descend the stairs. Ever since she has discovered and mastered slides she has tried to descend the stairs facing forward (instead of on her belly). Unfortunately, this has resulted in some bruises that come with learning. :(

*Bruno is getting annoyed with Ellie more and more again. Honestly, I don't really blame him since one of her favorite past times is to chase him, "pet" him, "touch" his tail, or take his bone (usually while he is chewing it). Justin and I frequently get exasperated looks from him that plainly state, "really, can you please take care of this thing...again!" Poor Bruno. :)

* Ellie loves, I mean LOVES, the Disney TV show "Little Einsteins." She watches it weekly with her grandparents and periodically at home. I have been in denial about my baby growing up, but I am consenting to the realization that she will love TV (after all, she is her father's daughter). And, I guess a show that promotes classical music and art is a good one, so I am getting more used to the notion of Ellie watching the tube every once in a while.

* We are constantly amazed with how wonderful and beautiful she is. Her bubbling little personality is growing each day and although I don't love hearing the word "no" escape her lips, I am thankful that she is healthy and developing so well. :)

3 comments:

Jackie said...

I love you so much, sweet Ellie. I can't wait to see you NEXT WEEK!!!!

Tana said...

Oh my goodness! She grows so much everytime I see a picture of her! I can't wait to talk to you soon!

Unknown said...

I do love TV.