God Came Near

Friday, December 10, 2010

One of my favorite books that has a powerful and engaging narrative that captures the true meaning of the season is Max Lucado's God Came Near. It is a WONDERFUL book that is non-aggressive, an easy read, and very engaging. I highly recommend it.


Here's a tiny snippet to remind you what happened around this time a little over 2000 years ago:

God Came Near...Max Lucado:

His name will be ... Prince of Peace. Isaiah 9:6.

Heaven opened herself and placed her most precious one in a human womb. The omnipotent, in one instant, made himself breakable. He who had been spirit became pierceable. He who was larger than the universe became an embryo. And he who sustains the world with a word chose to be dependent upon the nourishment of a young girl.

God had come near.


In the hustle and bustle of the season, take a moment to take a deep breath and remember what it is all about. I promise, you won't regret it. :)

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for posting this. I think I'll be looking for the book. Jan