Are you in a meal planning funk? Here is a new recipe that is soooooo goood! We just tried it last night and were so impressed. It is called Spicy Peanut Chicken Skewers, however it wasn't too spicy at all. In fact, next time I'll add more chili paste. Also, to make it a little more healthy, I reduced the salt, oil used to saute the garlic and onions, and did not add the peanuts as a garnish at the end. We didn't miss any of them at all. Serve with white rice and a spinach salad. Delish!!
Spicy Peanut Chicken Skewers
Marinade:
1 T olive oil
2 T soy sauce
1/2 tsp onion powder
1 garlic clove (minced)
1 T brown sugar
2 T fresh lime juice
1/2 tsp salt (I forgot to add this and didn't really miss it)
2 lbs chicken breasts (boneless, skinless, sliced in 3/4'' wide pieces)
12 skewer sticks
Peanut Dipping Sauce:
1 1/2 tsp olive oil
1 small onion (chopped)
2 garlic cloves (minced)
1 tsp red curry paste
1 tsp salt
1 tsp red curry paste
1 tsp salt
1/3 c. peanut butter
1/3 c. coconut milk
2 T water
2 tsp red wine vinegar
2 T brown sugar
Soak skewers in water 30 minutes. Combine marinade in a bowl. Coat chicken well and marinate for 30 minutes. Thread onto skewers and grill on medium-high for 4 minutes on each side (Justin did 4 minutes on one side and not quite as long on the other). For sauce, saute onion and garlic in oil over medium heat for 5 minutes. Add remaining ingredients and stir well. Heat to a boil, then remove to blender. Blend well and serve topped with chopped peanuts.
Enjoy!! :)

1 comments:
Yummmm. Sounds wonderful. BTW, I bought Ellie some 24 month jammies then walked by the 6 month jammies - not possible. I can't believe how big she is getting! A good thing, I know. Jan
Post a Comment